You should be getting into the swing of things by now this year, but if you haven’t yet, here are some tips to up your online presence. Here are 18 things that matter in digital marketing for 2018.
Which can you start using today?
1. Document your objectives and target audience, and be specific. How many online sales do you want to make? How many page visits do you need? Set yourself achievable benchmarks and develop your digital marketing strategy around those benchmarks. A great strategy can save you costs and ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
2. Link your social media platforms. Sites like Hootsuite can help manage when you post and can post across multiple platforms at one time. This can help you learn what social platforms work best for your audience.
3. Make sure your headlines and copy include your target keywords in order to boost your ads likelihood of ranking highly for those terms.
4. Analyse, analyse, analyse. Know your user interactions. Google Analytics is a must, at the very least. Then use this data to make stronger digital marketing decisions.
5. Have a go at paid advertising. Whether it’s Google Adwords or Facebook Ads, it’s worth a try to see if it can work for your business.
6. Use bold, clean and high quality images when creating digital ads, there will undoubtedly be a lot of other content around so you want yours to stand out.
7. Google still favours content and keyword rich websites. Know the keywords you want to rank for and use these throughout your website pages and headings. Yoast SEO can be a great tool for Search Engine Optimisation on WordPress sites.
8. Target your audience, don’t just post your ads anywhere where you think your clients might be, know your demographic and tailor your ad times and placements to their activities.
9. When was the last time you updated your website? A clean and modern design shows your clients that you’re up to date and it ensures you’re maintaining Web standards and best practice.
10. How mobile friendly is your site? The average conversion rates on mobile for an eCommerce store are a dismal 0.06%. People often navigate straight away from a poor mobile site and spend a lot of bored time trawling the Internet on their phones for something to spike their interest, which means a much higher chance of conversions.
11. Having a blog boosts your SEO and shows you expertise in your industry, it just involves a little creativity.
12. Is your site http or https? Https is much more secure and is preferred by Google.
13. Include share buttons on your blog, you don’t want all the original creativity and insight to go to waste. You can also post your content across social media to link your website and social media platforms and drive more visitors to your website.
14. Consider a CRM. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the process of tracking and analysing all of the interactions you have with your customers and prospects. These tools can centralise and simplify your customer engagement, while helping you to understand and target your preferred audiences.
15. Make sure you check the truth behind your statistics and the origins of trending hashtags. You don’t want to be caught out appearing ignorant.
16. Use different forms of multimedia on your website to be more engaging for your audience and improve your SEO.
17. Make sure you are discoverable by local consumers, this means checking your address and geo-targeted keywords are up to date. Google My Business is a great tool for this.
18. Imagine you’re a consumer of your product, walk through your site to discover what they enjoy and find frustrating with your site, and then proceed to iron out the hiccoughs.
If you want us to help you with any of these things please let us know and we’d be more than happy to improve your reach with you.